Barclaycard Arrival Plus – An Amazing Family Credit Card
Oh no! Although we had a great experience with this card below. The offer is no longer available 🙁
Advertising Disclosure: This is your friendly neighborhood MoneyHax founder, Todd. This article is proof that with responsible credit card user you can earn a family vacation! Though we are affiliate partners with the Barclaycard Affiliate Program and must let you know this, we believe in this card’s benefits it provides.
As a family decided to take a trip 300 miles north to Seaworld Orlando and we only paid $50 out of pocket! How did we do this? We used our Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard’s Bonus!
Through MoneyHax, we’ll show you the benefits of having a credit card like this one, and if you are parents who pay for daycare, you can charge expenses like that one towards a credit card bonus like the one we received with the Barclaycard.
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus has a 40,000 point bonus when you spend $3,000 in 90 days. This is good enough for ~$400 in Travel Statement Credit!
Use the card early and often for your everyday expenses like daycare as we mentioned, but also grocery shopping, gas fillups, and more! You should be able to rack up enough to gain the bonus, but remember to reach that $3,000 plateau. So what is a Travel Statement Credit? Simply put, once you’ve spent that $3,000, you’ll have $400 to spend on Travel. One of the significant benefits of this Barclaycard Arrival Plus Credit Card is that you’ll be able to redeem it at most Travel Websites or Businesses.
Redeeming the bonus is simple:
- Spend $3,000 within 90 Days of Account Activation
- 40,000 point bonus is now activated
- Spend $400 on Travel
- Use the 40,000 Points ($400 Value) to cover the money Spent on Travel
Once we received the bonus, we decided to pursue vacation options
For some, this could very well be a round-trip to an exotic place, a significant discount on a cruise, etc. For us, we decided to go to Orlando, a popular family destination.
Here is everything we got covered from the ~approximately $400 bonus travel dollars
- 2 SeaWorld Tickets (Children under 3 are free)
- 2 Parking Tickets
- 15 Food Samples for the Seven Seas Food Festival (enough to satisfy most appetites)
- 2 Night Stay at Caribe Royale booked on Hotwire.com (rates vary)
- Travel Insurance
- Round Trip Gas from Miami to Orlando
Other Noteworthy Info on the Barclaycard Arrival Plus Credit Card
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 17.24%, 21.24% or 24.24%, based on your creditworthiness. There is a fee for balance transfers.
Using Credit Card bonuses are something we’ll continue to talk about here at MoneyHax. If you have a stable job, or income stream and pay off our credit card debt monthly, credit cards are an excellent way to earn extra rewards paying for stuff you normally would. The Barclaycard Arrival Plus is terrific for those who want to travel and have specific sites they are loyal to when they book travel. The approval odds of the Barclaycard were better than average; perhaps this is because they are looking for more of a presence in the United States.
The editorial content on this site is not provided by the companies whose products are featured. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser.