When it comes to keeping a tight budget, you tend to leave out things that you want to buy and play with. Things like cell phones and laptops often are purchased with a credit card and financed. A new Apple MacBook Pro could cost you around $2000, whereas a Windows-Based laptop could cost you close to half the price of that.
As consumers, we get caught up in the pizzaz of owning an iPhone because our friends have them, or you buy a 60inch Ultra 4K TV when only a few channels display in 4K. Here are some alternatives that you might not have heard of when purchasing some high-end Apple Products!
Apple iPhone Alternatives
Yes, we know you love Apple, and yes Apple does sport one of, if not the best phones out there. However, Apple products should be considered a premium purchase. When you get a new cell phone contract you are not just paying for T-Mobile, for example, you are also financing your iPhone over TWO YEARS! This is not ideal for those with a tight budget, or those want to spend extra money on trips, going out to eat, or just plain old saving.
Instead of going with a brand new iPhone ($1000) try these:
- Google Pixel ($250-$699): Top of the line Android Phone with just as much power and inside guts than the latest iPhone has.
- OnePlus 6 ($499-$899): With even better guts than the typical iPhone, OnePlus is a great Android phone!
- Essential PH-1 ($200-$500): an Android founder started essential, it’s arguably prettier than the iPhone and has better insides
Tip: Buying used through a site like eBay could drastically cut your cell phone purchase by 50% or more. With eBay’s buyer protection, look for deals but also make sure your received product works as functioned. You have 30 days to test it out!
Want a MacBook Pro? Consider these instead!
MacBook Pros are the standard when it comes to a pretty looking laptop. But you should know that buying these is a premium purchase. Getting them used is ideal, but even then you should know there are better, and even better-looking options out there! Here are a few you should consider!
- Razer Blade ($900-$2000): If you love gaming, but want the minimalistic look of a MacBook, Razer the perfect choice for you!
- Microsoft Surface ($500-$2500): If you dig something you can carry around, yet not sacrifice performance Microsoft has nailed this category
- Lenovo Yoga ($1000): The Yoga turns any laptop into a tablet by using its unique form factor.
Tip: Using OfferUp and eBay are great marketplaces to find such laptops, and you can even bargain with the seller. With OfferUp you’ll need to scrutinize each product because each sale is final thoroughly.
Are there any decent Apple iPad Alternatives?
Even today, iPads are unparalleled in the tablet space. No other brand has caught up to Apple in the category because of the smooth Operating System iPad sports, plus its one of Apples more affordable lines of electronics. So you might want to consider an iPad over any alternatives!
Want an Apple Watch? Try these instead!
Apple’s latest line of products includes its watch category. The Apple Watch is undoubtedly a premium product that will cost you around $200-$500 depending on the model. Smartwatches are still somewhat new and offer limited options. Depending on what you prefer as a smartwatch there are close competitors in the space.
- Fitbit Versa ($200) – If you want Fitness, Fitbit is the way to go, with loads of support and reputation of athletes everywhere.
- Misfit Phase ($75-$150) – If you like the traditional look of a watch, yet want to be notified of alerts like SMS or Email, Misfit (bought by Fossil) owns this space!
- Samsung Gear ($75-$200) – With decent inside guts, Samsung has a few lines of products that may fit what you’d want. However, you’d need a Samsung product to pair with it though.
One Last Note (Pre-Owned)
You can still consider Apple products, but we recommend scanning through eBay and OfferUp for a pre-owned one. Sure, you won’t get the benefit of opening up that beautifully designed Apple box that everyone craves, but you’ll still have all of the features of a traditional Apple product with massive savings. Just remember to make sure the item is certified and fully inspected before buying!
You could also sell your pre-owned Apple stuff on Gazelle for a seamless experience: Just mail it in and get your cash via PayPal!