Advertising Disclosure: This is your friendly neighborhood MoneyHax founder, Todd. This article is proof that with responsible credit card user you can earn a family vacation! Though we are affiliate partners with the Barclaycard Affiliate Program and must let you know this, we believe in this card’s benefits it provides.
Barclaycard is an innovative credit card company that offers a bevy of credit cards that you may or may not be aware of. While we are affiliate partners, we think Barclaycard and Barclay’s is an up and coming credit card issuer that still has so much potential within the US Market. Here’s a look at a few of their products!
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus Card That Paid for a Vacation
As a family decided to take a trip 300 miles north to Seaworld Orlando and we only paid $50 out of pocket! How did we do this? We used our Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard’s Bonus!
Use the card early and often for your everyday expenses like daycare as we mentioned, but also grocery shopping, gas fillups, and more! You should be able to rack up enough to gain the bonus, but remember to reach that $5,000 plateau. So what is a Travel Statement Credit? Simply put, once you’ve spent that $5,000, you’ll have $500+ to spend on Travel. One of the significant benefits of this Barclaycard Arrival Plus Credit Card is that you’ll be able to redeem it at most Travel Websites or Businesses. (So go ahead and book travel on rates found on Priceline, Hotwire, etc)
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus has a 60,000 point bonus when you spend $5,000 in 90 days. This is good enough for ~$500-600 in Travel Statement Credit!
Redeeming the bonus is simple:
- Spend $5,000 within 90 Days of Account Activation
- 60,000 point bonus is now activated
- Spend Approximately $500-$630 on Travel
- Use the 60,000 Points Bonus ($500-$600 Value) to cover the money Spent on Travel
Once we received the bonus, we decided to pursue vacation options
For some, this could very well be a round-trip to an exotic place, a significant discount on a cruise, etc. For us, we decided to go to Orlando, a popular family destination.
Here is everything we got covered from the ~approximately $500 bonus travel dollars
- 2 SeaWorld Tickets (Children under 3 are free)
- 2 Parking Tickets
- 15 Food Samples for the Seven Seas Food Festival (enough to satisfy most appetites)
- 2 Night Stay at Caribe Royale booked on Hotwire.com (rates vary)
- Travel Insurance
- Round Trip Gas from Miami to Orlando
Other Noteworthy Info on the Barclaycard Arrival Plus Credit Card
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back when you redeem the miles for travel…every time you redeem. This enhances the significance of Arrival Plus Mile to 1.05 cents per mile.
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made while traveling abroad
- International Chip and PIN for use at self-service chip terminals around the world.
How to Sign Up for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus Mastercard
- You’ll need a Strong Credit Score (Rating) likely above 700-800 (Get Your FREE Score HERE)
- Head to the Sign Up Page and Enter important information like current address, SSN, and Income
- After your application you may be notified of approval or denial, you can always visit their application status page.
- Barclaycard’s Customer Support line is 866-408-4064 for any application or related questions
The editorial content on this site is not provided by the companies whose products are featured. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or evaluations provided here are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the Advertiser.